Thursday, April 3, 2014

Throwback Thursday - Charleston Color

Old Truck in a Garden, Mt. Pleasant, SC  © Doug Hickok  All Rights Reserved
(Velvia slide film.)




Many years ago, there was a beloved garden nursery on Bowman Rd.,
in Mt. Pleasant, and this old truck was its calling card...
a local monument of sorts. I stopped to make this shot one day,
and it's a good thing I did. The photograph made the cover
of Charleston Magazine several years ago (August 2008)
when it ran a "Local Color" theme.
Some of my abstract color images were featured in an article inside.





3 comments:

  1. Hi Doug. I can well understand why it was used in a magazine. Your use of colour and perspective is inspiring. Cheers J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A photo to raise one's spirit. I love the little yellow flower and the cabbages (new life) blooming around the dilapidated car. I've been looking back at several of your posts that I missed over the past few years and marvel at all different things you've captured for your appreciative viewers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your low viewpoint for this fine shot. The looming vehicle makes an eye-catching subject.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...