The Church of Our Lady, better know as Matthias Church, rises prominently on Budapest's Castle Hill, overlooking the Danube River. Originally constructed in the 13th century, it was the city's first parish church. In 1541, during the Ottoman occupation, it was transformed into a mosque. The current appearance of the church dates form the 19th century, and reflects its splendid original Gothic architectural style. This image shows the colorful tiles which form intricate diamond patterns on the steep roof tops.